Enhance your management and leadership skills by learning about yourself as a leader and how organisations work
This course could be FREE to you. Take a look at our fees page here
Read below to find out how you can turn our 3 ILM Awards (Level 3) into an Institute of Leadership and Management Level 3 Certificate
This course is for anyone who is currently in a job, or who has solid management experience and is hoping to progress into a new job and it is particularly suited to practising managers who would benefit from taking time out of the workplace to reflect on themselves as managers, learn new skills and apply them to their own work context.
People who are new to a management role are also welcome to apply.
You may already be aware of your management style and your organisation’s culture but in today’s challenging world, would adopting different management tools and techniques now be appropriate to get the job done?
It can sometimes take 6 months to one year to achieve ILM qualifications. We offer our Awards over 2 short residential stays each Award! This Award is a great opportunity for you to step away from your everyday life and really reflect on yourself as a manager, your team, your specific areas of responsibility, learn new skills and how you can implement them into your own individual workplace.
By doing this course, you will reflect on the leadership skills you already have and learn skills you will need to succeed in an increasingly challenging and unpredictable world. This accredited qualification will include established models and tools that can enhance your credibility as a knowledgeable manager with your team, peers and leadership groups. The course is taught by tutors who are familiar with working as senior managers and who will be using their experience to lead the discussion and learning into areas where you would appreciate practical help in the context of you as a manager, and your own individual workplace.
On successful completion of two related assignments, your achievement will be recognised with an ILM Award and you will automatically be made a student member of the Institute of Leadership and Management with use of their professional resources for 6 months.
Find out how Nichola from Wolverhampton, benefited from studying one of our ILM Level 3 Awards here
Institute of Leadership and Management
- You must be working as a manager, supervisor or team leader and leading a team or managing a key function of a business. People who are not currently working but have recent solid experience of working in a management role, may also apply.
- You will be required to demonstrate you are able to write assignments at a Level 3 literacy standard.
- You must have a computer and internet access at home along with a microphone and camera installed to allow you to engage fully with any online sessions we might have and to enable you to carry out your independent learning that you will be required to do in between your time at the college.
This course includes learning in the following areas:
- Your leadership style – learning about different management styles to suit you, your work, your team, your organisation especially in a post-pandemic world
- How organisations work – an outline of basic business structures and operational functions
If you also complete the following 2 ILM Awards (Level 3) with us you will gain an ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management:
ILM Award in Leadership and Management (Level 3) – Leading and Motivating a Team; Developing Relationships. See below for more information:
Friday 26th January -Sunday 4th February 2024 (2 residential weekends)
ILM Award in Leadership and Management (Level 3) – Problem Solving; Motivation and Change and Costs and Budgets. See below for more information:
Friday 14th June – Sunday 7th July 2024 (2 residential weekends)
All 3 ILM Awards (Level 3) need to be successfully completed to gain the Certificate.
Following successful completion of this course, it could also enable progression into senior management roles.