Learn about what makes us angry, how it affects us and different coping mechanisms to help manage anger. Apply now!
This course could be FREE to you. Take a look at our fees page here
We understand that you may have recently experienced some of the topics covered in this course, which could potentially affect your readiness to engage with certain subject matter. Because your well-being is of the utmost importance to us we would like to stress that this training course is not designed for personal therapy. To help you identify if you are ready for this course at this time, we will contact you for an informal chat before the course, to ensure that you are fully aware of the course content and to assess your suitability for the programme.
“Is society getting angrier or are we less able to handle our anger?”.
This is a question that will be explored during this course in which you will examine what triggers anger and how well we have been conditioned to deal with it, or not. Anger itself is a natural emotion but it is the effect it has on ourselves and others that can create concern. Greater self-awareness will enable insights into better ways of expressing anger.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand the difference between passive, aggressive, indirect and assertive anger
- Understand why anger is often a difficult emotion to deal with assertively
- Understand the skills involved in dealing with other people’s anger
- Understand what emotions lie beneath the feeling of anger
- Recognise areas for personal improvement in dealing with anger
You must be working at Entry-level 3 in Literacy, or above