Additional Learning Support is accessible to students with disabilities and learning difficulties. The college offers extra support to help you learn and achieve your chosen qualification. Support is available for:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Asperger Syndrome/Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- General learning difficulties
- Mental health issues
What support do we offer?
- Learning support
- One-to-one support in class
- Support assistants to help in your classes
- Communicators, scribers, guides.
- Adapted documents and materials, for example in large print, Braille or on tape
- Hearing loops
How can you get the support you need?
If you think you may need help, it is important that you let us know as soon as possible, particularly if you need help applying for courses. You can find out more by:
- Contacting the college on 0121 472 0116
- Completing the support section of the application form
- Emailing email@example.com
You can also:
- Tell us about your needs during an open day
- Tell us about your needs via phone call or an arranged meeting during the application process
You will then be contacted by one of our Learning Support staff to discuss your needs in more detail and to decide what services you may require given your individual circumstances.
Information about your disability will be available to staff involved in the admissions process, tutors, examination officers and Learning Support staff. It will be used to make reasonable adjustments for you so that you are treated fairly. To find out more about how we will use the information you provide, please download our Disclosure Policy.
“At Fircroft I always felt supported and safe. I loved the grounds and it was a perfect place to just get away and think”Luke, Access to Higher Education Diploma student 2020
“Ficroft’s objective is ‘YOU’RE GOING TO PASS’ and they will do everything within their power to ensure that you pass”Alison, Short course student 2020