We all experience challenges in our everyday lives but some more than others. This course will help you to understand anxiety and depression more and will give you some tools to help you to cope.
This course could be FREE to you. Take a look at our fees page here
You must have the capacity to be able to discuss challenging topics during this course
Most of us will experience feelings of anxiety and low mood at some point in our lives, in response to challenging or stressful events. These episodes pass fairly quickly once the situation has ended. However for some anxiety is a constant, unpleasant and debilitating experience which affects the quality of their lives.
For some low mood may pass, where as for others they may experience longer periods of depression.
This course will explore what anxiety and depression is, how and why it develops and ways to manage it effectively
This course is aimed at anyone – even if they do not have any formal qualifications – who wants an opportunity to understand themselves better in a safe, supportive environment
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by anxiety and depression.
- Describe the effects of anxiety and depression.
- Understand how to manage anxiety and depression.
- List self help skills and conventional treatments that can help manage anxiety and depression.
- Develop an action plan for overcoming anxiety and depression.
You must be working at Entry Level 3 or above, in Literacy