This short course will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of supervision skills and their role in fostering personal and professional development
This course could be FREE to you. Take a look at our fees page here
This course is useful for those interested in supporting others in a supervisory role. You may already be working in this area and want to develop your knowledge and skills further, or you are new to this work and wanting to develop more either in paid employment or in a volunteering or support capacity.
This course will explore the fundamental principles, techniques, and best practices of effective supervision, equipping participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to facilitate the growth of individuals and teams.
It will also provide the opportunity to explore some creative approaches to supervision.
By the end of the course, you will have a solid foundation in supervision skills, enabling you to effectively support and guide others in their personal and professional development journeys.
The course includes:
- Defining supervision and its importance in personal and professional growth.
- Understanding the role of a supervisor in facilitating development.
- Exploring different supervision models and approaches
- Developing trust and rapport with supervisees.
- Establishing clear communication channels.
- Setting mutual expectations and goals.
- Conducting needs assessments to identify developmental areas.
- Utilizing performance evaluations and feedback mechanisms.
- Recognizing strengths and areas for improvement.
- Understanding the purpose and benefits of feedback.
- Techniques for delivering feedback effectively and respectfully.
- Strategies for handling challenging feedback situations.
- Promoting self-reflection and self-awareness in supervisees.
- Encouraging critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Creating a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Addressing conflicts and resolving interpersonal issues.
- Handling resistance and managing difficult conversations.
- Applying strategies for maintaining a positive supervisory environment.
- Understanding ethical guidelines and professional standards.
- Recognizing legal obligations and responsibilities.
- Maintaining confidentiality and privacy.
- Assessing the impact and outcomes of supervision.
- Seeking feedback from supervisees and stakeholders.
- Reflecting on personal growth as a supervisor.