This course provides you with an understanding of the complexities surrounding homelessness and poverty, and equips you with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively support individuals and communities facing these challenges.
This course could be FREE to you. Take a look at our fees page here
This course is ideal if you are already working with vulnerable adults either in a volunteer or paid role or for those wishing to pursue a career in working with vulnerable adults. Those working within charities that support those that are homeless.
You will explore the root causes of homelessness and poverty, examine social and economic inequalities.
Students will be able to gain an understanding on the root causes and contributing factors of homelessness and poverty including:
- Exploring the impact of homelessness and poverty on individuals, families, and communities.
- Examining the social and economic structures that perpetuate homelessness and poverty.
- Learning about existing policies, programs, and interventions aimed at addressing homelessness and poverty.
- Developing practical skills and strategies for working with individuals experiencing homelessness and poverty.
- Fostering empathy, cultural sensitivity, and advocacy skills to support marginalised populations.
You must be working at Level 1 in literacy, or above
You may like to study some of our other Working and Volunteering With People courses, or our Subject Taster courses. Why not take a look and apply?