Fast-track your way through our City & Guilds introduction to teaching for people who are looking to become teachers and trainers in the FE and adult skills sectors.
This course could be FREE to you. Take a look at our fees page here
The Award in Education and Training provides valuable training for teachers, trainers and those in support roles, or seeking employment in those job roles, in a wide range of organisations in the lifelong learning sector such as further education, adult and community education, the voluntary and community sectors, the public sector and the private sector. The course offers you a combination of theoretical background and approaches alongside the development of practical skills. The Award in Education and Training (AET) has replaced PTLLS as the nationally recognised qualification at an introductory level.
The course includes the following:
Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training.
- Understand ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training.
Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training
- Understand inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training.
- Understand ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment.
- Be able to plan, deliver and evaluate the delivery of inclusive teaching and learning.
Assessment in Education and Training
- Understand types and methods of assessment used in education and training.
- Understand how to involve learners and others in the assessment process.
- Understand the role and use of constructive feedback in the assessment process.
- Understand requirements for keeping records of assessment in education and training.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at new and experienced teachers, those in support roles and trainers within further education, adult and community education, the public sector, the private sector and the voluntary and community sectors as well as those who wish to develop their own careers by working towards a nationally recognised teaching qualification. We are particularly experienced in working with those in the voluntary and community sectors.
|Date start||Date end|
|Friday 15th September 2023||Sunday 1st October 2023|
City & Guilds
- You must be working at a Level 2 or above in literacy.
- You will be expected to complete a maths and English initial assessment
- You will need to have basic IT skills
- You must already be working in the education sector or have plans to get a job within that sector
- This course is funded by the West Midlands Combined Authority and is therefore mainly available to people residing in the West Midlands county including Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Solihull, Dudley, Coventry and Sandwell. If you live outside of the West Midlands county, please contact email@example.com or telephone 0121 472 0116 to see if you are eligible to apply.